We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out:
- How we collect and use the personal data you submit to the Investor Network sub site to Spencer Buley Group.
2. Your options with respect to our use of your personal data and how you can access and update this information (see “Your rights” section for more details).
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you provided at the time of requesting goods, services or information from us:
- Information that you provide to us by completing forms on the Investor Network site and mobile applications (“Our Site”). This includes contact information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number; background information such as experience and expertise; unique identifiers such as user ID and password; and preferences information such as shortlists, investment criteria and deal history. If you choose to list a pitch on Our Site, we will ask for information about your business such as company name, company size, business type and team members.
• Information that you provide to us when you write to us (including by email).
• Information that you provide to us when we speak to you by telephone. We may make and keep a record of the information you share with us.
• Information that you provide to us by completing surveys.
• Details of transactions you carry out through Our Site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, to analyse trends, to administer Our Site, to track users’ movements around Our Site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your information as follows:
- To carry out our obligations arising from (i) legal obligations and/or (ii) any contracts entered into between you and us to provide information, products or services that you have requested and notify you about changes to our goods and services.
• To send you information, products or services that may be of interest to you.
• To present content from Our Site in the most suitable way for you and your device.
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not want your data used in one or more of the ways described above.
There is further guidance on this in the ‘Your Rights’ section of this policy.
Full details of these purposes are set out in our notification to the Information Commissioner’s
Office under the UK Data Protection Act 1998.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties in the following situations:
- If you or we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. We will notify you of any change in ownership or uses of your personal data, as well as any new choices regarding your personal data, by email or prominent notice on Our Site.
• If The Investor Network substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, the personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are, or believe that we are, under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to comply with any legal obligation; or permitted by law to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Website Use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
• If you have tried to connect with a pitch listed on The Investor Network, your personal data will be disclosed to the pitch owner. If you request a business plan or other document or contact a business or entrepreneur via a pitch page your contact details will also be shared with that business or entrepreneur.
We may provide your personal data to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as processing payments.
You have the right to access information that is held about you. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before providing copies of any relevant materials in order to protect your privacy and security.
You may be entitled to ask us:
- to amend or delete your information;
• for a copy of your information;
• to transfer some of this information to other organizations;
• to restrict or stop the processing of information;
• to withdraw consent (where we have previously asked for your consent to process your data)
In some situations – for example, where we can prove a legal right to process your data – your rights may be limited. In some cases, we may be able to retain your data even if you withdraw your consent.
Where we require information to comply with legal or contractual obligations, then provision of such data is mandatory: if such information is not provided, then we will not be able to meet obligations placed on us or manage your transactions on Our Site. In all other cases, provision of requested information is optional.
In the interests of transparency, we are happy to answer any queries relating to how we process your information and resolves any complaints you may have. You are entitled to raise any matter with the relevant data protection authority, but we encourage you to approach us first.
How to exercise your rights
You can correct, change or delete your information in your ‘Account Settings’ page. You can stop receiving our emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or accessing the email preferences in your ‘Account Settings’ page.
Or to access any of the other above rights, email email@example.com.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements, which in some cases involving the collection and processing of financial data may require a retention period of 7 years (or longer if required by law).
COOKIES and Other Tracking Technologies
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by The Investor Network and our partners, including marketing partners affiliates, or analytics service providers and business process service providers. These technologies are used in analysing trends, administering Our Site, tracking users’ movements around Our Site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
HOW WE STORE, PROCESS AND SECURE YOUR INFORMATION
The data that we collect from you is store on a private secure backed up servers at a private location.
We use secure servers to store all information you provide to us via email or Our Site.
The password you choose upon registration will grant your access to certain parts of Our Site. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
The security of your personal data is important to us.
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on Our Site, you can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
ADDITIONAL PRIVACY INFORMATION
Blog / Discussions
Our Site may in the future offer a publicly accessible blog and community discussions. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal data from our blog or community discussions, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal data, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a contact about Our Site, we will ask you for your contact’s name and email address. You must have consent from your contact to provide this information to us.
Your contact may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database.
Links to 3rd Party Sites
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our suppliers, partner networks, advertisers, affiliates and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites should have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or the content or operation of these websites. Please check these policies and the terms of the websites before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The profile you create on our Site will be restricted from the two users, only investors will be able to view your profile unless otherwise indicated.
You can reach us via email email@example.com
Office Opening Times:
Mon-Fri – 0900 to 1700 (BST)
Saturday/Sunday – CLOSED
In the event that you wish to see a copy of all of your Personal Data held by us, please write to: The Data Protection Officer
Spencer Buley Group
Rosewood, Wickfield Avenue